JavaScript for WordPress Forums Vanilla JavaScript DOM Quiz – Value of element nodes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thorsten Frommen
    Participant

Maybe it’s just me, but I really don’t find the question to the point.
    From what’s the correct set of answers, I’d suggest to change the question to Which of the following are options to get the markup of element nodes?, although I don’t find the question appropriate/good at all. It’s not about the elements’s value, and even when changing it to “markup” it is vague.

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Thanks Thorsten!

Technically when talking about nodes, the language of “value” is appropriate, but I see what you mean about the possible use of the word “markup” when referring to elements from the HTML perspective.

Thorsten Frommen
    Participant

I think what’s more confusing than the name of what you are asking for in the question is that it reads as if there are two answers that are equal (in that they produce the same result etc.).
    I read the question like Which of the following are options to get THE value of element nodes?. someElement.innerHTML and someElement.outerHTML don’t return the same, though.

But that’s just me being a super-nitpicker here. 🙂

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Thanks Thorsten! I may modify this to just have one correct answer to make more clear..

Carme
    Participant

I got confused with this one as well…

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback Carme! Just updated the question to only have one correct response 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.