JavaScript for WordPress Forums Bugs & Issues WordPress Block Development course – lots of npm errors on install and run dev

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lukasz Jaroszewski
    Participant

Child extract-text-webpack-plugin node_modules/extract-text-webpack-plugin/dist node_modules/raw-loader/index.js!node_modules/postcss-loader/lib/index.js??ref–1-2!node_modules/sass-loader/lib/loader.js??ref–1-3!blocks/04-block-alignment-toolbar/style.scss:
    [0] ./node_modules/raw-loader!./node_modules/postcss-loader/lib??ref–1-2!./node_modules/sass-loader/lib/loader.js??ref–1-3!./blocks/04-block-alignment-toolbar/style.scss 3.84 kB {0} [built] [failed] [1 error]

ERROR in ./node_modules/raw-loader!./node_modules/postcss-loader/lib??ref–1-2!./node_modules/sass-loader/lib/loader.js??ref–1-3!./blocks/04-block-alignment-toolbar/style.scss
    Module build failed: Error: Cannot find module ‘node-sass’
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:655:15)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:580:25)…

Something to do with node-sass not found?

Lukasz Jaroszewski
    Participant

I tried forcefully installing it:

PS C:\laragon\www\elrs-online-help\wp-content\plugins\jsforwp-example-blocks> npm install –save-dev –unsafe-perm node-sass
    npm WARN deprecated request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
    npm WARN deprecated har-validator@5.1.5: this library is no longer supported

Errors are gone now, but not sure if that was the right move since it’s mentioning something being deprecated. I tried running run dev and made some small changes like editing the description of the block but nothing changes on the front-end.

Lukasz Jaroszewski
    Participant

I solved the issue by using the gutenberg-course repo instead of the jsforwp-example-blocks repo. My changes are now reflected.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.