JavaScript for WordPress Forums Gutenberg Development React error after updating to Gutenberg 2.6.0

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    raquelmsmith
    Participant

My blocks work fine on Gutenberg 2.5.0, but after updating the plugin to 2.6.0 I’m now getting this error:

“Element type is invalid: expected a string (for built-in components) or a class/function (for composite components) but got: undefined.”

In addition, the example blocks from version 2 of the course simply don’t show up in Gutenberg 2.6.0, but they show up fine and work perfectly in 2.5.0 🙁

Any ideas for how to fix?

Thanks!

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Hey Raquel!

Is this for the updated example files or for some of your own custom blocks?

This is a pretty general error which usually means something isn’t being returned as a proper element or you’re trying to return two elements instead of one.

You should hopefully get a file name and line associated with the error.

Let me know!

raquelmsmith
    Participant

Sorry for the delay in responding. The example plugin works just fine in version 2.6.0. My block is inside another plugin, so I used your example config files to set everything up. Did any part of that change in V2 of the course that would be important for compatibility with Gutenberg 2.6.0?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.