JavaScript for WordPress Forums Gutenberg Development Not Seeing "Style" Block Controls

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Farlymn
    Participant

I’ve been working through the Gutenberg course and have noticed that the sample content blocks aren’t displaying the “Style” options (e.g. bold, italic, and link) for me. When I made it to the alignment block section I finally saw the “Alignment” options. Just wanted to confirm if there is something I’m missing or if there are any others who are having this issue.

I’m currently running Gutenberg version 2.2.0

I should mention that I can see the “Contrast” option beside the “Alignment” settings also since moving on to the inspector videos

Matthew Farlymn
    Participant

Not complete sure if this is the full solution, but it’s working for me now.

Looks like there was a change with the focus section. I changed focus={ props.focus } to isSelected={ props.isSelected } and the style format bar appears now.

β€œRiad Benguella [21 minutes ago]
    Right! we inadvertently missed to add a backwards compatibility alternative for this one. You should replace the focus prop of Editable or RichText by isSelected”

leeshadle
    Participant

It looks like they moved the text alignment tool into the editor toolbar, so it’s been moved outside the context of the selected block and into the editor toolbar…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.