JavaScript for WordPress Forums Gutenberg Development Errors in new gutenberg-course plugin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    charlesloehle
    Participant

After installation of zgordon/gutenberg-course I am getting this error in all the blocks files when i npm run dev:
    ERROR in ./blocks/01-static/index.js
    Module build failed: SyntaxError: C:/Users/New Owner/Documents/Websites/gutenberg-practice.dev.cc/wp-content/plugins/gutenberg-course-master/blocks/01-static/index.js: Unexpected token

jspforwp-example-blocks on my other machine works fine though

Thanks!
    Charles

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Hey Charles, it may not be this simple, but did you run npm install beforehand?

charlesloehle
    Participant

Hi Zach,
    Yes I ran npm install. I also did with a fresh download of the plugin. Same error.

ERROR in ./blocks/01-static/index.js
    Module build failed: SyntaxError: C:/Users/New Owner/Local Sites/gutenberg-practice/app/public/wp-content/plugins/gutenberg-course-master/blocks/01-static/index.js: Unexpected token (35:12)

It points to the less than symbol in the return before div className=

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Okay, was worried it might not be that simple. So you have everything loaded and updated. And you have the latest version of the plugin and WordPres? And it works in one environment but not the other. I tried to duplicate the problem but can’t.

So, I’m wondering if it is a hidden character or something messing things up. What happens if you delete the code in that file and type it from scratch as it is in the example code but not copy and pasting?

charlesloehle
    Participant

All my plugins and wordpress are up to date.

Let me clarify that the old version of your plugin, jspforwp-example-blocks, works but the new plugin of yours, gutenberg-course, does not.

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Okay, I’m seeing what you’re seeing now.. exploring solution..

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Okay, it looks like the .babelrc file was not there so it was not understanding JSX.

Should be all fixed now 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.