JavaScript for WordPress Forums The WP REST API Complete Part 2 before finishing Part 1?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Davies
    Participant

Hey guys

Quick question. I joined JS for WP at launch, kept up with the content as it was rolled out, until before the section on VanillaPress. Work and life got in the way, and I stopped for a few months.

I already work (kind of) in the industry, and need to get some projects done with work that I think the REST API is the way forwards for. I’m limited for time right now, and want to skip ahead to section 2 so I can deliver on these projects. I fully intend to go back and complete VanillaPress etc when there is time.

Is this a smart plan? Will I be horribly confused by the actual REST API without fully completing section 1? My JS is average at best. PHP/HTML/CSS/JQuery all ok.

Cheers!

Mike

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Hey Michael!

In general you will be okay.

I do use some JS in the API content that I actually haven’t taught yet in part 1 (mostly ES6 and asynchronous JS stuff) so just be ready for things to look a little more advanced, but in general I think you’ll be okay.

The one thing I would recommend though is watching the webpack videos since some of the examples require you to know some basic webpack commands.

Hope that helps!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.