JavaScript for WordPress Forums Bugs & Issues Can't access videos: This video is not authorized to be embedded here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Morgan Kay
    Participant

All of the videos on the site give me this message: This video is not authorized to be embedded here.

Screenshot: https://nimbus.everhelper.me/client/notes/share/505942/zxlp557a54k4trnx8if3

I’ve tried multiple browsers. Is it possible there’s something funky with my user account?

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Hi!

This is strange. The videos are displaying for me and most other people and it should not be an account specific related issue.

Doesn’t the same thing happen on a mobile device? Also, do you have a proxy or anything else like that running on your computer? Are you able to test it on a different network?

Please let me know and I will help trouble shoot this with Wistia.

Morgan Kay
    Participant

I tried connecting on another network, and still had the same problem.

I can view the videos on my phone (even on the same network as my computer). Weird!

It’s not the end of the world if I have to watch them all on mobile, but if you have any suggestions for how to get them to work on my computer, I’d appreciate it!

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Hi Morgan,

I just pulled in Wistia for help on this and will keep you posted!!!

Zac

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Hi @morganran-ge just got this back from Wistia:

It sounds like the problem could be if your viewer had some sort of anti-tracking or security settings enabled. We require the browser to pass the page’s referrer to the Wistia player – so hypothetically, if someone had an anti-tracking plugin/extension running (something like https://www.ublock.org/, for example), that could prevent the referrer from being communicated to the Wistia player, which could then result in the player not loading based on your account’s domain restrictions – i.e. because the player couldn’t confirm it was being loaded on your domain, even though it was.

We have a few different ways we could test for this, mostly designed around not turning off Domain Restrictions because it sounds like that would be an ideal situation:
    You could ask your viewer to try viewing a video from a different browser and/or incognito/private browsing window, to see if they can narrow down the scope of the problem. Since it works from her mobile device, it does already indicate that this could be the issue.
    If they know they have any anti-tracking plugins/extensions running, or other unusually high web security settings, they could try disabling those one at a time to see if it resolves the problem.
    We can’t be sure that this is what’s causing the problem, but it is displaying like the standard indicators for this problem. If those tests don’t work, please let us know and we can keep looking into what’s causing the problem.

Please let me know if any of this may apply?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.