JavaScript for WordPress Forums Gutenberg Development Add a block above default title

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    alantucker
    Participant

Is it possible to insert a block (e.g. hero) above the default main title?

Thanks

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Nope. Not that I know of. It would have to be done on Frontend with JavaScript

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Or you can hide the title in your template and make a title block that can be placed anywhere.

alantucker
    Participant

ah well that sucks, guess gutenberg still has a long way to go but would have expected a simple thing like this to be already included.

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

I am sure someone will build a title block that does exactly what you want.

Shouldn’t be too too hard to try yourself if you wanted.

I doubt it would ever be part of WordPress Core as you can’t add content above the title currently without custom development and it may be confusing for some. But it is possible to do on your own via a plugin 👍

alantucker
    Participant

still trying to get my head around things, seems a bit of a long winded way of doing things with all these files. i am a diehard ACF user 😉

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Yup, my take has always been just because WP improved its editor doesn’t mean you have to use it 🙂 ACF is still a great solution for custom content. In some cases it may not be necessary, but I think a lot of sites will continue to use it.

Remember, Gutenberg is not an ACF or Page Builder replacement. It is just an enhancement of the current editing experience 🙂

alantucker
    Participant

🙂 i know its an enhancement but people are still gonna try and make it act like a complete page builder.

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Not if I have anything to say about it!

But you may be right ;p

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.