JavaScript for WordPress Forums The WP REST API 2.1.13.02 Setting Up The Project

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Juliette Tworsey
    Participant

Hi Zac,

First of all, Happy New Year! I haven’t been here for a few months and I’m trying to get back into the swing of immersing myself in this course.

In following along with 2.1.13.02 I am unable to get Webpack to build successfully after running npm i –save (Node V7.10.1). Instead, I am getting this error:

ERROR in ./src/index.js
    Module build failed: ReferenceError: Unknown plugin "transform-runtime" specified

I haven’t encountered this error before and I was wondering if anyone else has, and if so, is there a solution?

I did try (after some searching) installing babel-preset-stage-2 to see if that would remedy the issue, but it did not resolve the error.

Thanks so much!

Juliette

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Hey Juliette!

Sounds like you just need to install transform-runtime, which helps with preventing code completion.

If there is a package.json file then you just need to run npm install to pull down everything you need.

Hope that helps!!!

Juliette Tworsey
    Participant

Hi Zac!

That (along with the addition of a .babelrc file) did the trick.

Thanks so much!

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Oh great!

Do you think there is something wrong with the code I provided in the examples? Please let me know and I’ll post updates 🙂

Cheers!
    Zac

Juliette Tworsey
    Participant

Hi Zac,

I don’t think that there is anything wrong (that I know of) with the code that you have provided in the examples, though I did have to add a .babelrc file (via a recommendation from Babel https://babeljs.io/docs/plugins/transform-runtime/ ).

This is what I have added to my .babelrc file:

{
      "presets":
    	[
    		"es2015"
    	],
      "plugins": [
        ["transform-runtime", {
          "helpers": false,
          "polyfill": false,
          "regenerator": true,
          "moduleName": "babel-runtime"
        }]
      ]
    }

I realize that including es2015 in this file may be redundant(?) due to the fact that es2015 is already listed as a preset in thewebpack-config.js file. I’m relatively new to Webpack so I just put it in there for safe measure. Is this an unneeded action?

Cheers:-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.