Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kurt
    Participant

Installing Grunt on Win 10 PC doesn’t produce a package.json file. Nor does the install create the grunt.js file. I’m at a bit of a loss because I can’t find anything via a Google search. I can’t find anything on the GruntJS site either. Any suggestions would be appreciated? Thanks!

Kurt
    Participant

Nevermind. I figured it out. A little more explanation would have been helpful. 🙂

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Hey Kurt!

Glad you worked it out! Unfortunately I don’t have a Windows machine to test this one so will not be able to help much on tooling differences between Mac and PC.

Happy to help research solutions though with you if this comes up again.

If you wouldn’t mind posting up the solution you found it may be helpful for others as well.

Thanks!
    Zac

Kurt
    Participant

I was mistakenly thinking that the files should be installed when Grunt was installed. The pakage.json file was created by running “npm install.” The gruntfile.js is created manually. I copied a sample file from: https://gruntjs.com/getting-started and edited it.

It wasn’t clear how they were created when the video switched to a new video in which you showed sample files.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.