JavaScript for WordPress Forums Vanilla JavaScript 1.3 DOM section not being marked as completed

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Carme
    Participant

Hello there,

I’ve just finished the Dom quiz and pressed the Continue button but instead of marking the section as completed, it just sends me back to the first quiz question…

Thanks!

C

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Hi Carme! Did you see the screen showing your results or just get sent back? Do you remember off hand if you got all answers correct?

Carme
    Participant

Hello Zac,

I got the results, got 8/10 the first time round… (In fact I ended up doing the test 3 times 🙂 to try to work out a question that was bugging me) And after getting the results I pressed the button on the left and instead of getting the section marked as completed it moved back to question 1 of the same quiz.

Hope it helps!

Carme

Carme
    Participant

Hi there,

The same thing is hapenning in the next section’s quiz (1.4)

Thanks.

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Hi Carme,

This is strange, I have not been able to duplicate the problem 🙁

It should show you your final score, although it does require 100% to be marked as complete.

What browser / device are you using?

Thanks!

Carme
    Participant

Hello Zac,

I did finish all the questions every time, since the system was able to give me a final score…

I’ve been using Firefox 47.0. I’ll try with Chrome and let you know if it makes a difference.

C

Carme
    Participant

Hi Zac,

Just redone the 1.3 DOM Quiz in Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 (64-bit)
    Clicked Finish Quiz, got result 9/10, clicked button on the left and same thing happened. It went back to the start of the quiz instead of marking the section as completed.

Do you actually see the quiz results at all or how many times I’ve done them? The first two quizzes run normally but I have had the same problem with 1.3 and 1.4. Same laptop and same browser for the 4 quizzes, the only thing that has changed at my end is the geographical location. Would that be a factor?

Thanks,

Carme

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Hi Carme,

This is what I am seeing as the most recent quiz attempts:

93.33% Quiz: Events Quiz
    Score 14 out of 15 question(s)
    on Mon, 01 Aug 2016 07:26:14 +0000

90% Quiz: DOM Quiz
    Score 9 out of 10 question(s)
    on Sun, 07 Aug 2016 18:27:20 +0000

Could you try by chance logging in on your phone or another device and trying again? Wondering if that might be connected, or just simply logging in and out again?

Carme
    Participant

Hello Zac,
    Tour info re.test results and last times they were done is correct.
    I have now logged I from my mobile.
    Thanks,
    Carme

Carme
    Participant

Hi there again,

Back in the UK, I’ve done the DOM quiz again and got the exact same problem. So the problem’s not related to my internet connection while away as I had thought.

Since you are able to see my quiz results, could you perhaps mark the sections as completed from your end? I know it won’t solve the problem but it’s a bit demoralising to continuously see only 22% completed when I have done at least twice as much…

Thank you,

Carme

Zac Gordon
    Keymaster

Hi Carme,

So sorry for the long delay, but I finally had a suggestion for how to fix it. Could you try taking the DOM Quiz again? It should hopefully show results for you this time.

Thanks!
    Zac

Carme
    Participant

It works!

Thank you,

C

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.