JavaScript for WordPress Forums Gutenberg Development Download Course Files Reply To: Download Course Files

Andy
Participant

Hello Zac,

Many thanks for your reply to my last query which was quite useful.
Zac, In the 3rd section of the ‘WordPress Block Development’ course (entitled: ‘Working with Register Block Type’), the 2nd of the 9 videos is entitled: ‘Register Block Type; Title Setting’. In the first 2 mns, you demonstrate how the ‘Register Block Type’ block, and the ‘Demo Block’ can be activated on a page, on a Gutenberg site. I have a Gutenberg site, I uploaded these plugins to my ‘Plugins Admin Area’, they both displayed perfectly well. At the 2:02mn mark you suggest: ‘So if we jump into our plugin and come under ‘blocks’ and ‘demo’, and ‘index.js’, we can see here: ‘title’…’ At this point, it appears that you are into the Atom text editor for code, from which you are displaying the plugins structure. My queries are:
1- How did you upload the plugin to the Atom code editor?
2- Which plugins should I upload to the code editor?
3 Do I have to use Atom as a code editor, or could I use Sublime Text for example?
4- Is there a thread on the forum which you could point me to, where you may have already answered similar questions?

Many thanks in advance for your help with these queries Zac,

Andy.