Sometimes it can take more than tutorials and videos to learn something well. This online bootcamps provides that extra something:
- Small Cohort of Motivated Students
- Access to a Wealth of Resources and Online Videos
- Learn From Building Projects
JS Language Fundamentals
The DOM & Handling Events
Get a firm grasp of how the DOM and Events API really work under the hood. Great prep for React and JSX.
API Calls, JSON & Local Storage
Dev Tools and Workflows
Although we get setup with a solid dev workflow from the beginning, at this point we dive deep into different tools and workflow setups.
JS in WP Plugins & Themes
The WordPress REST API
This week we look at how to leverage the WordPress REST API in themes, plugins and even decoupled applications. Authentication and creating custom endpoints is also covered.
Introduction to React and JSX
Since WordPress will now come with React built in to core, we look at how to write some native React and understand how it works.
Gutenberg Block Development
In our last week of formal instruction we introduce how to develop for the new "Gutenberg" Editor using React and JSX.
In our final weeks together we plan, build and review projects implementing what we have learned in the Bootcamp. Bonus points for real world applications*
~ Elliott Porter, Developer
"Having a small group of people along with Zac Gordon as a mentor really helps keep the motivation going."
~ Belinda Mustoe, Developer
- Format: Online, Zoom, Slack
- Duration: 12 weeks (3 Months)
- Start Date: Monday Sept. 10th, 2018
- End Date: Monday, Nov. 26th, 2018
- Estimated Work/Week: 10 hrs min
- Regular Slack Checkins
- Weekly Group Video Calls
- Weekly Online Lectures
- Access to 30+ hrs of Video Content
- Cost: 3 Payments of $397 ($1191.00 Total)